Entech Staffing Solutions is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk in Ferndale, MI! This position is paying up to $19/hour and the shift is 6am-2:30pm.
• Operates lift truck or forklift or uses hand truck to move, transfer or lift shipments from shipping and receiving dock to storage or work area and vice-versa. Pulls required items from stock to prepare for shipment as directed by company Bills of Lading or other communication used by shipping department.
• Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading
• Prepares appropriate paperwork for method of shipment.
• Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils identifying shipping information on cartons, packages or skids of material.
• Assembles wooden or cardboard containers. Inserts items into containers.
• Shrink wraps material or skids of material as required.
• Stamps or stencils information and shipping instructions onto crates, skids or containers. Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes and distributes paperwork as required.
• Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper or supplier if directed to rectify damages and shortages and to trace shipments.
• Examines outgoing shipments to ensure conformity to written request or customer order.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies, notifying purchasing of requirements.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• One to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to read and interpret documents
• Basic Math skills
• Ability to stand, walk, and climb or balance for majority of shift. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to l00 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds.